Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineering
EFEE has new National Association Member – Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineering European Federation of Explosives Engineers (EFEE) has received on 23rd of September 2015 application for National Association Membership from the newly established Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineering (abbreviation ARDE). Board of EFEE has approved this application on its meeting held in Barcelona on 25th of September. It does not happen so often that we welcome new National Association Member in EFEE therefore we would like to present our new member.
In Romania was missing a National Association unifying explosive users, blasters and blasting engineers. The idea to establish Romanian Association appeared in autumn 2010. It took a long time to form this association. Starting with 30th of July the Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineering is considered formally registered by legal authorities and acts in accordance with its Statute. The aims of ARDE are as following:
• The Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineers (ARDE) is established and operates for the uniform representation of interests of its members in the non commercial relations between them and the central and local authorities in Romania as well as the international authorities, directly involved in the process of manufacturing, preparation, sales and use of industrial explosives, for joining the main operators in the field in Romania.
• Promotion of standardization and harmonization of training regarding explosives
• This includes preparation of standard requirements for training on conducting blasting work: underground mine blasting, surface mine blasting (cast mining), and special blasting work such as blasting for demolition, underwater blasting, blasting in forestry and agriculture, ice and frozen land blasting etc.
• Supports all efforts of EFEE (European Federation of Explosives Engineers) regarding the issuance of a European certificate of authorized blaster, including partnership with EFEE and other affiliated National Associations to attract European funds for this purpose.
• Develop and implement a national and international information system with regard to explosive engineering programs proposed by the Association to facilitate communication with the target group.
• Organize conferences, seminars, congresses, workshops, courses, in order to promote the work and the novelties in the field, including training courses in order to be authorized as a blaster. The Association hopes to achieve these goals, as it seeks to improve the existing conditions of the market. We are encouraging the main actors pertaining to the explosive field to join the ARDE in the next period of time in order to become an active voice in the light of the future changes of national legislation expected in 2016.
More information about ARDE on the website: www.ar-de.ro
Igor Kopal, Vice President of EFEE Chairman of marketing and membership committee
Doru Anghelache President, Romanian Association of Explosives and Blasting Engineering